Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Nursing Registration

As the little fat kid in the Kaiser Permanente commercial said, "Things are lookin' up". I received my nursing registration from the New South Wales nursing board on July 2nd. I immediately sent some job applications to the local hospitals and have had a couple of interviews. I have accepted a job in the operating theatre (operating room) at the Royal North Shore Hospital right down the street from us. It's so close that the emergency helicopters fly over our apartment almost daily. Scott suggested that maybe I just hitch a ride to work on the helicopter -- tee hee. Things are still moving a bit slow. I need to get clearance on my vaccination records, pass a criminal background check, and then attend a hospital orientation. Only after all of these things are completed, can I actually start working as a nurse. On a very positive note, I am so excited to work! I don't think I've ever felt that way. I'm especially so excited to finally work as an RN. I wonder how long it will be until I become the same ol' jaded Heather?

3 comments:

Danno said...

That's awesome too!! Congrats! When we were there and you were stressing about work, I remember walking by those places and saying to JV... "wouldn't it be cool if H could work here!"

Anonymous said...

So glad I revisited this!!!! CONGRATS on the new J-O-B!!!!

H, you are quite the writer. I have bookmarked this and will be visiting the site weekly.

Stephanie Regan said...

Congratulations on the job, Heather! I love it that you are so honest about the trials & tribulations of adjusting to a new country & home. I hope that you find a "nice" surfing beach soon. :) Miss you.